Wednesday, June 23

Day 15 ~ Vegas

So Vegas. Crazy place. We'll get to it.

We started today following he advice of the ranger who told us the story last night and traveling a little off the beaten path to find a tree not on any of the maps and that, I would imagine, few people ever see. I am so greatful for tha ranger, frank, not because the things he added to our map were absolutely mind blowing but because they were something he was passionate about and he wanted to share that passion with us. I could easily see myself retiring to be a park ranger some day :).

From there we saw a few other trees and one huge stump that you could walk on, the mark twain tree if you wanna look it up. We then got comfortable and started our drive south to the city of sin. Our hotel, yes I'm skipping the drive, it was uneventful, is quite nice, and I look forward to a dip in the pool tomorrow as well as some wandering about playing the penny slots and seeing how much I can get out of these places :). Basically did a lap of the lower strip and saw a few things before turning in, but we have a whole day tomorrow and cirque at night. I'm excited. A more in depth, or more expository I suppose, entry will be entered at some point but not tonight.

No comments: