Wednesday, June 9

Day 2

I didn't have enough charge in my laptop to get today's pictures on my itouch, which is where the majority of these will be written, so tonights entry will be words only and I will do my best to paint you so fine a picture that you scarcely notice.

We started out from the Columbus area this morning around eight, Alex again taking first shift, just after a brief passing of thunder, lightning and rain. We later found out that the very mild storm we witnessed got bored with all the flatness just east of us and resulted in tornado warnings, flooding, and 1.5 inch hail. Our weather for the day could not have been better.

The morning passed semi uneventfully, the most inertesting revelation being that I discovered that while I don't get bored or annoyed with not doing anything, I shift positions like I get paid evey time I do. Seriously.

Anyway fast forward about seven hours and we stop in Knoxville...in some state. Honestly the state lines are kinda blurry at this point. It's only day 2 and the amount of road I have already seen in a straight line is almost discomfiting. Regardless it was called the Knoxville family restaurant and I had a delicious blt with fries. Food gets an eight, service a seven, and atmosphere a seven. That's when I took over driving and the fun started. Not really, I just wish something fun happened, basically it was just another six hours of driving, broken up by some windmills and a lovely sunset.

We made camp in a KOA campground not far from the highway, and found out that what I remembered as a two man tent is... well it's a two man but not exactly a spacious one. Also my computer is almost entirely broken, hence the use of my ipod. The screen is pretty much falling off and it loses power like a champ. But the site is nice, the grass is soft, and the showers look good for our wakeup tomorrow at 2am. Yes you read that right. We're heading out early to get to the badlands at a good time to get a campsite, first come first serve. The rest of the day will be spent looking around or napping.

It was a good day.

Location:Harland MN

No comments: